Thursday 19 May 2011

Choosing my neighbours

I need to choose two neighbours.
I have 6 applicants for 2 flats.

The first applicants were Tom and Paula Stereoblast. My father recommended them to me, but I have some doubts. They have nice manners, but they want to leave their jobs, and start a new career as famous singers. It means they will stay home all day long, and I would hear their singing every day. No, thank you, next please!


Sarah Harddrive is a very shy person, not very sociable. I guess she wouldn't be the one who organises parties that finish at 3 in the morning. She has a good job, so I’m sure she would pay me punctually. I have some strange feeling about her, I don’t know, maybe her introvert personality is just quite unusual for me. Anyway, she got two references by previous landlords. I’m pretty sure that I want her to be my lodger!

I need to find the next person.

I met Jim. Jim has a very good job as well, I bet he would pay me the rent properly. He is a rugby player. I used to date with kind of men so I know his type. Maybe it’s just a stereotype, but I’m afraid of he would invite his friends to come over, they would get drunk and shout together in the middle of the night. They would leave their mess and then rats, mice and cockroaches would move in to my lovely, clean flat. No, please!

Harry, Harriet and Harold Happy are a new family. I don’t have any information about them. I found a lot of thing in common. They seemed happy, and they have a son  a same age like my son, oh yeah, they could play together. I’m just worried, they have an old car in bad condition. Does it mean they have no money? I need more time to decide if I want them or no. They have the chance, let’s see the others.

Bill Rates is a very nice man. In spite of that he doesn’t have  job now, but he is currently looking after one. Can I trust him and hope he will find a well-paid job?
Can I take a chance?

Kevin and Bratney are very sweet, top jobs in TV. They do their best to bring up their playful sons, but… They couldn’t get on well, they were arguing during the interview.
I don’t want to hear people arguing all the time, I don’t want them to live there.

I think I would go for Sarah, and the Happies. If one of them changes their mind, and don't want to move in, I will offer the flat to Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment